Seminar of Elsevier company
On 22nd of October, 2014 the representative of Elsevier company in Kazakhstan – Indira Baskynbekovna Usentayeva together with the National Center of Scientific and Technical Information held a seminar at the Scientific Research Institute for Radiation Medicine and Ecology on the theme «Introduction and practical application of the world’s best resources of Elsevier: ScienceDirect, Scopus».
Topics of the seminar:
- search of articles on the chosen theme;
- viewing the search results;
- clarification of search terms. Detailed display of search results;
- navigating the system Scopus, ScienceDirect;
- viewing the new subject areas;
- tracking of citing and determination of Hirsch index;
- identification of the authors and search for information about them.
The seminar was attended by scientific staff of the Institute.
Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan granted the Scientific Research Institute for Radiation Medicine and Ecology the free access to these information resources.