Seminar of Springer company
On the 13th of May, 2015 the representative of Springer Company in Kazakhstan Irina Alexandrova held a seminar among the employees of scientific department at the Scientific Research Institute for Radiation Medicine and Ecology on «Introduction and practical application of one of the largest publishing concerns, Springer Company». JSC «National Center for Scientific and Technical Information» (JSC «NCSTI») with the comprehensive support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan in 2015 signed an agreement on the access to the full-text collection of scientific journals of the international Springer Company – one of the largest and oldest (1842) scientific publishers in various fields of science, technology, and medicine.
Springer publishing office has a great reputation and popularity among the international scientific community:
* Only in 2013 more than 120 million users visited SpringerLink more than 229 million times and downloaded 419 million documents.
* All the books, journals, and publications of Springer are peer – reviewed and pass through the strict and objective expert evaluation.
* 1,601 Springer journals out of 2,305 have the impact factor indexed by Thomson Reuters, and 2,247 journals are indexed by Scopus.
* No one of Springer journals was included in the list of «predacious» journals.
* Journals published by Springer are already known and popular in Kazakhstan. According to the statistics, four journals out of five where Kazakh researchers publish are published by Springer. From 2000 to 2013 1,632 articles of Kazakhstan authors were published in 294 Springer journals (more than 2,000 journals). Between 2001 and 2013 Kazakhstan authors published in Springer 276 chapters in 133 books on 11 directions.
According to the instructions of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan JSC «NCSTI» and Springer Company conduct trainings to increase the number of organizations – active users of modern information resources as well as to improve the publication activity of Kazakhstan scientists in rating journals of Springer indexed in Scopus and with the impact factor (Thomson Reuters).
Topics of the seminar: «The use of Springer resources in training workers of innovative economy», step by step trainings: «Personal strategy. 1st step: how to find the journal for publishing scientific results», «Personal strategy. 2nd step: how to prepare the qualitative article», «Personal strategy. 3rd step: analysis of examples of articles within the areas of research», «Personal strategy. 4th step: how to publish the articles in the rating international journals with impact factor». Participants of the seminar were given certificates.
All the employees of the Scientific Research Institute liked the seminar very much and at the end of the meeting they thanked Irina Alexandrova for the seminar.