Dosimetry Laboratory (DL)
LIPIKHINA ALEKSANDRA VIKTOROVNA
Candidate of biological sciences
In 1991 graduated Tomsk Polytechnic Institute named after S.M Kirov, specialty – physicist-engineer.
Thesis:«The radioecological situation and evaluation of dose loads fromlong-term effects ofradionuclides in Semipalatinsk nuclear test site (on the example of the Abaydistrict)» on specialty 03.00.13. - Ecology.
Year of title assignment:the diploma of the RF - in 2006, the diploma of RK - 2011
Author of more than 50 scientific articles, 11 of them in international journals, including the prestigious editions of far and near abroad, in materials of conferences and the symposiumsheld in Kazakhstan, Russia, USA and Europe.
1. Diploma of the Minister of Health«for the fruitful work in the health care system, for a contribution to providing medical serviceto the population andto the day of medical worker» 2011.
2. Badge “High Achiever of Health Care”, The Ministry of Healthcare of RK, 2014
3. Professor of the Russian Academy of Natural Science, 2015
History of the Department
Since 1957, from the momentof the Clinic № 4opening, under supervision of A.N.Katkova,was created mobile group of radiation and hygienic department, whose task was to select environmental objects and local foods for the following evaluation of their nuclear fission products content.
In different years, researchers of Clinic and then of research-institute, such as A.A. Smirnov, V.I.Dereglazov, G.E. Smirnov, V.I.Dus, Z.I. Zaltsman, N.N. Kurakina, E.G.Federbush, V.G.Cossatov,T.G.Kirillovamade a great contribution to the radioecological studies in the areas adjacent to the Semipalatinsk test site.
Currently, the department has a qualified staff of employees consisting of 5 members.One of which has a PhD in chemistry and is a professor at the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, and two –have Master's degree in the field of «Ecology» and «Computer Science».
All staff was trained on management of scientific researches.
Themainaims of department
1. Comprehensive dosimetric control of the population living in the areas adjacent to the Semipalatinsk nuclear test site, using radiological equipment and laboratory techniques.
2. Retrospective and prospective reconstruction of dose loads on controlled population of Kazakhstan, living in areas adjacent to SNTS.
3. The study of radioactivity atresidential properties of settlements of controlled territories. Studying of the main dose-forming factors.
Functional responsibilities of the department
1. Conducting of physical studies:
- sample and drugs preparation
2. Conducting ofrated-analytical studies:
- retrospective evaluation and study of the regularities of formation of dose loads on population, living in areas adjacent to SNTS, during the period of nuclear testing;
- prospective evaluation of dose loads on population, living in areas adjacent to SNTS.
3. Conducting of applied researches:
- developing of methodological approaches on evaluation of consequences of the radioactive contamination effects of natural ecosystems on human;
- developing of dosimetric models designed to evaluate dose loads on human;
- creation of databases including radioecological information and reflecting the circulation of the population of controlled areas.
- Research works on the evaluation of modern radiological state of areas adjacent to SNTS, conducted by specialists from Institute for Radiation Medicine and Ecology (Semipalatinsk, Kazakhstan) and RI for Radiation Biology and Medicine (Hiroshima University, Japan) from 1995 to study the effects of radioactive fallout of nuclear weapon tests on both the environment and on the population Semipalatinsk.
- The agreement № 343 on 24.02.2010 with RSBSE «National Center of Labour Hygiene and Occupational Diseases» on carrying out of scientific and technical work«Influence of ecological factors on the health of the population of urban areas» (Kazakhstan, Karaganda). Implementation period 01.01.2010 - 31.12.2012.
- The agreement with SEI HPE National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University (Russia, Tomsk) on carrying out of scientific and technical work «The elemental composition of natural media and human biological substrates in area of influence of Semipalatinsk nuclear test site». Implementation period 04.01.2012-28.12.2013 years.