By specialists of Institute of radiation medicine and ecology jointly with scientists from Japan, USA, Germany, England carried out the great work on reconstruction of effective doses and evaluation of health consequences for the exposed population of East Kazakhstan and Pavlodar regions with the latest dose reconstruction technology (thermoluminescent dosimetry, magnetic resonance imaging, the study of gene mutations).
SRI of radiation medicine and ecology has participated in many international grant projects with partners such as Japan (Hiroshima University), Russia (Institute of Biophysics), USA (National Institute of Health), the Institute for Radiation Hygiene (Munich, Germany), Institute of Cancer Research, UK.
One of the important aspects of international cooperation SRI of radiation medicine and ecology with research institutions in Japan is the ability of staff development in the leading departments and laboratories of RERF, Hiroshima and Nagasaki University, in RIRBM, in clinic of ProfessorTakeychi and Saiseikai Hiroshima Hospital.With the participation of experts from Hiroshima University there was established the State Scientific automated medical register of population of Kazakhstan exposed to radiation as a result of nuclear weapons tests.
SRI RMaE cooperation agreements:
- Academic cooperation agreement between SRI RMaE and Nagasaki University. Duration: 2013-2018.
- International scientific exchangeagreement between SRI RMaE and HiroshimaUniversity (Hiroshima University, Japan).
- Scientific cooperation agreement between SRI RMaE and International innovative scientific and educational center «Uranium Geology», Russia, Tomsk. Duration: 2012-2017.
- Scientific cooperation agreement between SRI RMaE and Urals Research Center for Radiation Medicine (Chelyabinsk).
- Scientific cooperation agreement between SRI RMaE and Altai Research Center for Biomedical Problems (Barnaul).
- Scientific cooperation agreement between SRI RMaE andInstitute of Biophysics of Russian Federation.
- Scientific cooperation agreement between SRI RMaE andSeversky Biophysical Research Centre of Federal Medical and Biological Agency of RF.
- Scientific cooperation agreement between SRI RMaE and«Tomko»Closed Joint-Stock Company, Russia, Tomsk. Duration: 2012-2017.
- International academic cooperation agreement between SRI RMaE and MANAVBHARTIUNIVERSITY-SOLAN (H.P) - INDIA. Duration: 2012-2017.
- Scientific cooperation agreement between SRI RMaE andFSBI «Medical Radiological Research Center»,MoHand SD of the Russian Federation. Duration: 2011-2016.
- Scientific cooperation agreement between SRI RMaE anddepartment of Geoecology and geochemistry of the National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University (Tomsk, Russia). Duration: 2011-2016.
SRI RMaE participation experience in international projects
- Reconstruction and calculation of retrospective dose loads on areas adjacent to SNTS. (soil, water, tree bark, bricks, EPR dosimetry of tooth enamel) Japan (Hiroshima University) - Russia (Institute of Biophysics) - United States (NIH).
- International grant with Institute for Radiation Hygiene (Germany, Munich) from the European Commission project under the INCO-KOPERNICUS program on the theme: «Exploring the impact of nuclear weapons tests at the STS on the health of the population of the Semipalatinsk region».
- International grant with Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK from the World Health Organization (WHO) on the theme: «Evaluation of reproductive health on radiation exposure among population living in the immediate vicinity from Semipalatinsk nuclear test site»
- International project withRadiation Effects Research Foundation (RERF) Hiroshima, Japan «Creation of the State Scientific medical register of sufferers from SNTS activities».
- International project with Institute of Peace (Hiroshima University) on the theme: «Social and psychological consequences of the population living in the areas affected by nuclear tests».
- The influence of microsatellite instability on the genetic susceptibility to radiation-induced carcinogenesis (jointly with Institute of Evolution University of Haifa, Israel, and the University of Virginia, USA).
- Studies on the effect of "heavy" water on the quality of life and health of the population in certain regions of Kazakhstan (jointly with the Scientific - Technical Association «Ecological Imperative» and Haifa University, Israel).
- International project withInternational Agency for Research on Cancer (France), Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority (Norway), Bundesamt Fuer Strahlenschutz(Germany), Radiation Safety Instituteof NNC of RK,National Institute of Radiological Sciences, (Japan) «Prospective cohort study of residents near the Semipalatinsk nuclear test site – feasibility».
- Cooperation agreement with Norwegian Institute of International Affairs on the project «The humanitarian consequences of Semipalatinsk nuclear test site».